Time & Location
Sep 14, 2022, 1:00 PM
Syracuse, 1342 Lancaster Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
About the Event
Book Group Boundless Compassion
Facilitated by Sr. Colette Walter and Sr. Geraldine DeLuca
Six Wednesdays, beginning September 7 | 1:00 (in person only)
Fee: $10 per session, or whatever you can afford
We will be offering a 6~week transformational book study based on the book Boundless Compassion; Creating a Way of Life by Sister Joyce Rupp. The book is based on her research out of the Institute of Compassionate Presence. This 6 week retreat seeks to inspire and encourage compassionate living in both one's personal and professional life.
It is comprised of short, daily readings and questions which will be discussed at the end of each week.
Offering more holistic view of compassion through:
- Multiple perspectives on each topic from various experts
- Exploring personal and cultural attitudes about compassion
- Encourage healthy & compassionate self~care
- By clarifying how one’s personal approach to suffering influences compassion for others
- By learning quality and skills of compassionate care
- By offering integration of personal and professional life
Paula D’Arcy claims “it is a beautifully written, moving and powerful work that speaks of compassion that must be practiced for our hearts to open: a) ourselves; b) one another; c) all living things; d) all living beings.”
Participating in this unique opportunity will open our hearts to a love that has been, heretofore, unexplored. You will surely be changed.
This 6~week transformational study will be led by Sister Colette Walter, OSF and Sister Geraldine DeLuca who are very eager to do this. It will begin on Wednesday, September 7th at 1 p.m. and continue for 6 consecutive weeks.